Natural Cure for Diabetes in Homeopathy
Diabetes is reaching potentially epidemic proportions not only in India but worldwide. According to the International Diabetes Federation, in India, more than 65 million people suffer from the disease, and the number is only increasing. Here we tell you how you can use homeopathic medicine for diabetes to help keep your blood sugar levels in check.
How does Homeopathic Medicine for Diabetes Succeed:
In homeopathy, a disease is seen as a reflection of the disruption to the vital force. The study considers the vital force to be the regulatory integrated force or energy that maintains and directs life. This vital force enables us to self-heal by adapting to environmental changes. So, the symptoms that we think is the cause of the problem is actually a product of a deeper disturbance — an imbalance caused in our body due to disruption in the flow of the vital force.
Diabetes is thus seen as an offshoot of a constitutional problem such as genetic factors or altered immunity that needs a holistic approach to treatment. Homeopathic remedy concentrates mainly on the functioning of your pancreas so that the organ can efficiently produce the hormone insulin.
Homeopathy is actually very effective for treating complications of diabetes such as diabetic neuropathy.
Your homeopath will not only ask for the current signs and symptoms of the minutest detail, but he/she would want to know your medical history, your physical, mental and emotional constitution. You will be examined, your case analysis will be done, and you will be asked to get some tests done.
Homeopathic medicine for diabetes brings balance into the various systems involved in diabetes, for example, pancreas, hormones, and your immune system. Treatment will again be different if you have other ailments along with diabetes.
Common remedies for diabetes
Here’s some common homeopathic medicine for diabetes which are prescribed to you by your homeopath.
• Profound melancholy, irritable, better when kept busy
• Burning sensation on top of the head, headache
• Back pain, fatigue, boring pain in the lumbar region extending to the legs
• Urine albuminous
• Feet feel numb when sitting
• Periods are often suppressed
2. Syzygiumjambolina: If administered at suitable intervals, blood sugar is maintained at a normal level and urine is free of sugar. Indications –
• Prickly heat in upper part of the body
• Great thirst
• Diabetic ulceration, old skin ulceration
• Large amount of urine
3. Uranium nitricum:
• Copious urination, incontinence of urine
• Burning in urethra, burning in urine
• Excessive thirst
• Gastric ulcer
• Ill-tempered, depression, dull heavy pain in the head
• A backache, delayed periods
• Dry mucous membranes and skin
• Depressed, irritable, wants to be alone to cry, gets passionate over trifle
• A blinding headache
• Muscles weak and stiff
• Pain in eyes when looking down
• Tinnitus (ringing in the ear)
• Tachycardia, palpitations, heart, and chest feel constricted
• Sleepy in forenoon, nervous jerking during sleep
• Numbness in feet and hands, neuropathy (complication of diabetes)
• Weakness of body and mind
6. Plumbum (lead):
• Numbness of hand and feet with neuralgic pains
• Pain better with rubbing and pressing
• Pain worse at night
• Greasy shiny face
• Tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
7. Phosphoric acid:
• Impaired memory, apathetic, indifferent
• Head heavy, confused
• Frequent urination at night
• Falling out of the hair
• Cannot maintain an erection
Who should or who should not try Homeopathic Medicine for Diabetes
According to the eminent homeopath Dr. Rajesh Shah, homeopathy has just a supportive and limited role to play in the case of diabetes. It cannot cure diabetes, but can effectively control and treat complications of diabetes. Further, he cautions that ‘homeopathy has no role to play in type 1 diabetes’.
How soon can you see results?
Homeopathic medicine for diabetes is not a quick fix therapy. It requires some time to have an effect on your condition. Although diabetes
as such may take a long time to heal completely or to reverse, homeopathy is beneficial for complications of diabetes such as neuropathy, nephropathy, thrush, and impotence. You may expect to see results in a couple of months, but again,
each individual is different and may respond to treatment earlier or later. For timely results, you should use homeopathic medicine for diabetes as a complementary medicine to the conventional medicines.
‘Neuropathy can then progress to seriously infected ulcers which will take a long time to heal. I must stress that although homeopathic medicine for diabetes can help here, they must be used in a complementary and not alternative way, because conventional medicines such as antibiotics may be vital to prevent gangrene from occurring’, says Janet Gray, a homeopath with NHS (National Health Services, UK).
Dr. Bashir Mahmud Ellias, a homeopath from Bangladesh, well balanced, however, suggests that cure for diabetes can be accomplished in 1 to 2 years of consistent homeopathy treatment.
Side effects of homeopathic medicine for diabetes
Normally, homeopathic remedies won’t cause any side effects, but every individual is different in constitution, so if you feel a particular remedy is causing side effects such as acidity, allergy, pain, sexual over-excitement, and other non-desirable effects, discontinue the remedy and contact your homeopath. Side effects can happen if you use higher potencies. Lower potencies of the same remedy can be more effective for you.
‘Medications are only a part of the cure’, says Dr. PrasantaBanerji, a leading homeopath from the Kowell-balanced diet, exercise regularly, take your medicine without fail, and keep a positive attitude in life to stay away from diabetes. Homeopathic medicine for diabetes is to treat the cause rather than the symptoms at the outset.
Courtesy: Mita Majumdar Apr 30, 2015, at 02:47 pm