A stye (Hordeolum) is a red tender bump on the eyelid that is caused by an acute suppurative of the gland of the Zeis or Moll. Causative organism commonly involved in Staphylococcus aureus. Homeopathic Remedies for Stye is possible and quite effective.
- External hordeolum on the outer side of the eyelid.
- Internal hordeolum on the underside of the eyelid.
It is more common in children and young adults, though can happen in any age. A person with eye strain due to muscle imbalance or refractive errors may easily suffer from Stye. Habitual rubbing of eyes or fingering of the lids and nose may also cause Stye. Chronic blepharitis (dandruff of eyelid) and diabetes mellitus are usually associated with a recurrent Stye. Metabolic factors, chronic debility, excessive intake of carbohydrates and alcohol are other factors. For both above types, there are Homeopathic Remedies for Stye.
Sign and Symptoms
General Management: Homeopathic Remedies for Stye
- Avoid sleeping with eye makeup on.
- Never share cosmetics or cosmetic eye tools.
- Discard expired cosmetics.
- Do not touch eye and surrounding area frequently.
- Good hygienic practices, including proper hand washing, can help prevent all forms of infection.
- Hot compresses 2-3 times a day are very useful in relieving the pain and pricking sensation.
- Relax your eyes by practicing Eye exercises
Note: It is always advisable to consult a qualified homeopath before taking on the medicines. This article is purely for informative purposes.